Why Using SSL?
How does a SSL Certificate Works?
1. A browser attempts to connect to a website secured with SSL.
2. The browser requests that the web server identify itself.
3.The server sends the browser a copy of its SSL Certificate.
4.The browser checks whether it trusts the SSL Certificate. If so, it sends a message to the server.
5. The server sends back a digitally signed acknowledgement to start an SSL encrypted session.
6. Encrypted data is shared between the browser and the server and https appears.
” Domain Validation “
Issues within Minutes Basics No-Frills Encryption Great for any site
” Organisation Validation “
Light Business Authentication Display Business Details Perfect for E-Commerce
” Extended Validation “
Light Business Authentication Activate Green Address Bar Display Best Site Deals
SSL Frequently Asked Questions
An SSL certificate is issued to a fully qualified domain name (FQDN). This means that an SSL certificate issued to “secure. yourdomain.com” cannot be used on different sub domains, such as “www. yourdomain.com”. To get around this restriction we have available Wildcard Certificates. Wildcard Certificates allow you to secure multiple sub domains on the same domain name, thereby saving you time and money, and of course you do not need to manage multiple certificates on the same server.
So with a single certificate issued to *.yourdomain.com you could protect:
We also provide wildcard certificates include: Geo Trust True Business ID wildcard Certificates and Rapid SSL Wildcard certificate.
Yes. Your browser contains a Trusted CA root certificate store. You can access this by opening Internet Explorer, then go to Tools, select Internet Options, select the Content tab, click Certificates, select the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab.
You will then see a dialog box presenting a list of all Certification Authorities who own their own Trusted CA roots (you can examine the root certificate by double clicking it.
GeoTrust owns the Equifax root (Equifax Digital Certificate services became GeoTrust in 2001). RapidSSL.com’s RapidSSL product owns its own root. RapidSSL.com uses a different Equifax root
The easiest way is to create a new CSR on the new machine and have the certificate re-issued.
We do not limit the amount of RapidSSL or RapidSSL Wildcard certificates that can be ordered. Go ahead and get as many as you need!
SSL benefits to you and your customers is very important. SSL Certificate provides a way for website owners to be trusted by their customers, and a way for them to ensure that sensitive information is kept secure. Here are some of the main benefits of SSL:
- Authentication Server.When you have a secure socket layer, you are protected as well as your customers. Server – which is basically another name for a computer that stores information about your web site to be viewed by customers and others – must have a digital SSL certificate.
- Personal communication.Encryption used by secure socket layer will encrypt useful data, such as credit card numbers, addresses and other payment information. Only the right receiver – one with the encryption key. This means that you have a private communication channel. If someone else tries to intercept the information, it would seem pointless..
- Customer trust.This is a very important benefit to have a SSL certificate. This assures customers that you take appropriate steps to protect their personal information.
Once you buy SSL and have completed the payment, you will receive a confirmation email to configure your server. Please enter your CSR server configuration and contact information. Then select your domain admin email as approver for approval in order to perform SSL certificate issued.
SSL is divided into several types, such as:
- SSL Certificate
This Certificate is a certificate that provides initial level validation and authentication simple for visitors / customers your website. This certificate is suitable for you who need an SSL certificate to create a secure site quickly and simply.
- Web Server Certificate
This certificate of insurance and provide more comfort to the visitors / customers your website. In addition to securing data transferred between the web server with a website visitor’s browser, the certificate also ensures your coRp rate identity to website visitors so that visitors have more confidence.
- Wildcard Server Certificate
SSL certificates to secure sub-domains in large quantities, more efficient, easier settings. If you need to secure multiple subdomains SSL certificate you then this is the right choice for you.
- SSL web server certificate with EV
SSL is used when a visitor types have input sensitive data such as credit cards, PIN numbers, etc. that require extra security. When using this type of SSL, the browser address bar turns green and shows the name of related organizations that has been verified.
A CSR is a public key that you generate on your server according to your server software instructions. (If you do not have access to your server, your web host or Internet service provider will generate it for you.) The CSR is required during the SSL certificate enrollment process because it validates the specific information about your web server and your organization.
No. There is no trial SSL certificate available.
If you lost your private key, certificates can all be reissued as many times as you require for the entire validity period of the certificate you purchased. first generate a new CSR with the same details as the original. Login to your SSL Account to your vendor. Find ‘Reissue’ for the order you would like to reissue and enter the new CSR. Your reissued certificate will be processed within a few hours. You will receive an email confirming that your reissued certificate has been processed and you can login to your account to collect it. There is no cost for the reissue. If you have any questions please contact our SSL Support Team so that they may help you through this process.
CoRp rations, LLCs, sole proprietorships, partnerships, governments, and schools. Basically any entity that is legally registered with your local or state government.
No, individuals, that are not registered as a sole proprietorship, cannot apply for EV.
Depending on your server type, you may also have to generate a new CSR. Some web servers will allow this, but we recommend a new CSR for every renewal.
Yes, technically, when you ´renew´ a certificate you are purchasing an entirely new certificate, just for the same company/domain. SSL provider must issue a new SSL Certificate to replace the existing one on your server and you must install the certificate just like you did before.
If you need to update this information you can do so during the request process. Note that if any of your organization’s information has changed (location, etc.) you may need to provide new documentation to verify the changes. You should also change the information in the CSR.
- Generate a new CSR if needed.
- Log into your SSL provider Management Console.
- Search and click the Renew option for the certificate you want to renew and complete the renewal request. After you complete the renewal request, SSL providers will perform a quick cross-check verification. If your organization´s information was changed in the CSR, you may need to provide new documentation to verify the changes.
NOTE: Certificates can be renewed up to 90 days before expiration. The renew button is not available until 90 days before your certificate expires.
- Once approved, the renewed certificate is sent to the certificate contact in an email. You can also download the renewed certificate in your SSL provider Management Console.
- On your server, install and configure the new certificate. We recommend that you make sure the new certificate is installed and configured properly before you uninstall your old certificate. This way if there is a problem with your new certificate or if there is a delay in getting your new certificate installed your sites are still secure.
- Once the new certificate is correctly installed and you have verified that it is working correctly you can remove your old certificate. It´s a good idea to create a backup of the certificate before you remove it as a precaution. Note that we don´t recommend removing the original system-generated self-signed certificate. This can cause you server to become unstable (especially with Windows servers).
Refund Policy We are not able to refund SSL certificate purchases. Once the order form is completed and the SSL certificate has been approved via the order confirmation link, the order is final and non refundable.