Regarding Domain Names
What is a Domain Name?
What is Top Level Domain (TLD)?
What domain names can your brand register ?
At this time, Merekmu can only register gTLDs and ccTLDs such as .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .name, .tel, .mobi, .asia, .co.id, .web.id, .or. id, .sch.id, .ac.id, .my.id and .biz.id. But do not rule out the possibility in the future, Merekmu can register gTLDs and other ccTLDs.
What is WHOIS?
Domain Name Registration Process
How do you register a domain name in your Merekmu ?
- Search for the domain name you want.
- If the domain name you are looking for can still be registered, then do the next step, namely confirmation that you will buy the domain name, and additional services that we offer.
- If you are not a member of your Merekmu , at a later stage, you are required to enter your details to be the owner of the domain name and create a membership of your Merekmu. Your details will become membership details.
- If you are already a member of Merekmu , then you do not have to enter details again, then you only need to provide your email address and password.
- Before you end the domain name registration process, you should check again the data that has been entered. We recommend this because domain names that have been registered cannot be deleted or canceled. If all the data and domain names that you want to register are correct and complete, you are welcome to end it and henceforth you will receive an email confirmation from Merekmu that the domain name you registered is being processed.
- If you register a domain name that ends with. ID, you must send the documentary noted below within 3 days.
|No.||Domain Name||Document Requirements|
|Required||Compulsory Complement / Support|
KTP Republik Indonesia
|SIUP / TDP / ACT / Permit (Only for Registrar of Business / Legal Entity)|
|2||.co.id||SIUP / TDP / AKTA / NPWP – Agency / Equivalent||Sertifikat Merek/Trademark/POA/Statement|
|3||.ac.id||Ministry Standing Board from the Ministry / Board of Authorities in accordance with the Regulations.||Certificate of Rector or Head of Institution.|
|4||.sch.id||Decree on Establishment of Institution from the Ministry or related SKPD.||Certificate of Principal or Head of Institution.|
|5||.or.id||Notary / SK Act of the concerned organization||–|
What are the requirements needed to become a member?
How long does the domain registration process take on Merekmu ?
If you register a domain name that ends with .ID, the registration process will take approximately 3 days to a week
Is it possible for someone else to register a domain name that I have registered?
How do you pay at Merekmu ?
What can I do with the domain name I registered?
After the domain name is registered, who is the legal owner of the domain name?
How long can a character be registered?
What data do I need to enter to register a domain name?
- Data ownership of the domain name, such as individual and company names, full address along with telephone or fax numbers and email addresses.
- Payment-related party data, such as name, and full address
What if I registered a misspelled or typed domain name?
Regarding the Domain Name Registration Period
Can I register a domain name for just one year?
Of course, I can. You can register a domain name with a period of 1 (one) year on Merekmu , even if you are a new member.
Can I renew the domain name registration for a different period?
Will I be notified, when my domain is approaching the end of registration?
Yes. Before your domain expires, Merekmu will send you a good notification via email stating that it is time to extend the domain’s term. If within the specified time period you have not or cannot extend the domain period, then the possibility you will lose the domain name is very large.
Can I register a domain name above 10 years?
Cannot. Merekmu only gives you a maximum of 10 years domain ownership. You can extend your domain again after your domain expires.
Website (Site) and Web Hosting
What is a website or site?
What is web hosting?
Is web hosting included in the domain name registration package?
Where can I get web hosting facilities?
You can get hosting facilities with your domain name directly by logging into Merekmu.
How do I convert an existing DNS server to the DNS server of the web hosting I specify?
- The IP address number of the webserver that allows you to be able to connect and be accessed by others
- Domain Name Server (DNS) Services
- Website Design Services
Each ISP or web hosting company will provide different prices and conditions, for that you should choose in advance and adapted to your needs.
After you find information on https://www.merekmu.co.id , you can change your domain’s DNS server in your client account. Make sure your domain name is still in validity and active status.
What is an IP Address?
How do I change the IP to my domain name?
What is DNS?
Which DNS is listed in the domain name information?
When you register a domain name, the DNS that appears in the domain name is the first and second DNS names that are owned by Merekmu . You can replace it at any time. If you cannot change the DNS, please contact the ISP or web hosting. But first you have to set the domain name by giving limited access to the person appointed to change your domain’s DNS name.
If I already have web hosting, should I change my existing DNS?
Web hosting companies really need DNS information for your domain name. This is because if the DNS domain name is not given, then your domain name cannot be accessed because the DNS listed is still DNS Merekmu .
How do you have or register a DNS?
Regarding Setting a Domain Name
What does it mean to set your own domain name? And who has access to set the domain name?
Manage Domain itself is one of the facilities offered by Merekmu to its members to be able to manage their own domain names. What can be regulated here is the modification of domain name ownership, domain name administration, technical information from the domain name itself and even with this facility you can move the domain name that is registered to your own server or another ISP or web hosting company.
If you have registered a domain name through Merekmu, then only you yourself have access to make changes to the domain name. But if you make modifications to the domain name that there are some things that you do not know, then you can give limited access to other parties to help you make modifications. This grant of limited access can be changed through the “Client Area” in the section giving passwords to sub-users.
What can be arranged in this menu?
- You can arrange the granting of access to modification of domain names both whole and limited to other parties
- You can make modifications or changes to personal data or the company that owns the domain name.
- You can make changes to the administration data, i.e. the person who has the power to make fundamental changes in the transfer of domain names or other modifications related to your domain name
- You can make changes to the data of the technical part, that is, the person who has the power to make fundamental changes in the technical terms of your domain name.
- You can make changes to the payment section data, i.e. people who have power in matters relating to payment for your domain name.
- You can make changes to the Server Name or DNS domain name. Changes meant here are changes such as the transfer of domain names to other parties such as ISPs, web hosting or private servers.
How do you change the password for the domain name?
How do you change the username for the domain name?
What if I forget my username and password at once?
Is it possible for multiple domains to use the same username and password?
Can I give my username and password to someone else to manage my domain name?
How to make payment?
Payment can be made via credit card, or bank transfer :
- After you complete your order, you will be directed to the PayPal site via a pop up window, making sure your browser allows for pop-up windows.
- Login to your PayPal account for credit card payments.
- Do not close the window after the pop-up window appears
- After successful payment, please wait for the browser to redirect to the completed page to ensure that the transaction has been completed.
For payments via bank transfer :
- After you complete your order, our website will display the cost details
- Make the appropriate payment to our bank account.
- After completing payment, please send it through proof of payment, such as a bank ID slip or transaction to our office, together with your domain name and invoice number, either by email or fax.
How do payments work?
Does the price include taxes?
For payments via credit card, the system will automatically add 10% VAT at the time of payment.
Are there payment terms available?
From the time of payment, is there a period of time before my order will be canceled if I don't make a payment?
What is Web Hosting?
What domain names will get free hosting facilities?
How do you get a free hosting package?
- First of all, please register your domain name in Merekmu, see FAQ: How do you register a domain name in Merekmu?
- Then make payment and collect the required documents and confirm them by email to email@example.com.
- Your cpanel hosting account information will be sent to your email registered in the client area.
Until when can I enjoy free hosting facilities?
How do I upload content to web hosting?
What if you want to upgrade your hosting package?
Can I have an email with my domain name using the free hosting facility?
How do I create an email account using my own domain name?
Can my domain be used to display blogs that I already have?
Does the free hosting package provide database facilities?
Does the free hosting package provide subdomain and domain addon facilities?
Can I just buy a domain without using free hosting facilities from your brand?
Can merekmu display the website that I made on wordpress?
DNS record management ?
What is bandwidth
What is included in the hosting space?
- And files such as temporary and others
How do you create a subdomain?
- Login to cPanel (https://www.namadomain.com/cpanel)
- Select the “Domains” menu
- Click on “Subdomains”
- Enter the subdomain name you want, then the Document Root will be filled in automatically
- Click “Create”
Can I move my files from the previous hosting to merekmu’s hosting?
Yes, you can first backup the data on your previous hosting and move it to merekmu’s hosting. How to Backup Data in cpanel :
- Login to cPanel (https://www.namadomain.com/cpanel)
- Click the “Backups” Menu in the Files column
- Backups menu page
- Click the Download or Generate a Full Website Backup button to backup the entire data including the database. However, this full backup file cannot be restored by you, ask the server administrator.
- You can backup your Home Directory data to backup all your data in folders and subfolders.
- To backup your database simply click on the database file in the Databases box.
- And for setting email forwarders & email filters, if any, you can click directly to download the file.
- On the same page, on the right there is a menu to restore the data that you have backed up, please select the files that correspond to the restore menu, then click upload.
Can I use more than one domain in one hosting account?
How do I set the default page for a cpnael hosting account?
Usually, a domain’s default page will point to the index file. * Either index.htm, index.html or index.php. Actually the default page can be set to other than index. * By using DirectoryIndex in the .htaccess file.
If you want to change your DirectoryIndex to a different file name, create the .htaccess file name in the directory that you want to apply. In the .htaccess file, place it in a line of DirectoryIndex followed by a list of file names that Apache wants to present or display when the directory is called, for example:\
DirectoryIndex index.phtml start.html
The instructions above must be in one line in the .htaccess file
How do I create an FTP account to manage my website content?
- Login to cPanel (https://www.namadomain.com/cpanel)
- Select menu “Files”
- Cilck “FTP Account”.
- Cilck “Add FTP Account”.
- “Login” put your user to login. Example: enter “admin” for login.
- Enter your Password.
- Directory is the directory that you want to access the FTP. Example: /home/website/public_html/
- Click “create” add user FTP.