Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) sets out the policies of the Registry and Domain Provider(s) and PT Web Commerce Communications (“Merekmu”) relating to the computer systems, hardware, servers, bandwidth, telecommunications transport and e-mail routing provided by Merekmu, Registry and Domain Provider(s) (the “Registry Network”) . Merekmu created this AUP to promote the integrity, security, reliability and privacy of the Registry Network and Merekmu
This AUP is to be read together with the Domain Name Registration Agreement Merekmu (“Registration Agreement”) and all other applicable policies that may be published by the Merekmu from time to time whether referenced in this AUP or not. Words and phrases used in this AUP shall have the same meaning attributed to them in the Registration Agreement unless otherwise specified or the context clearly otherwise requires.
Users are prohibited from using, transmitting data through, or inviting any third party to transmit data through the Registry Network except in strict accordance with this AUP. This AUP is not meant to be a mechanism to resolve disputes between domain name registrants and third parties but sets forth only the permissible use of the Registry Network.
By signing or agreeing to the Registration Agreement, the Registrant acknowledges and agrees to abide by and ensure that its users are subject to the applicable policies set forth in the AUP, as published by Merekmu. The violation of the AUP by the Registrant may result in the suspension or termination of any domain name registration by Merekmu.
- Merekmu supports the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet. Accordingly, Merekmu and the Registry and Domain Provider(s) do not actively monitor, nor do they exercise editorial control over the content of any message or web site accessible through the Registry Network.
- However, the Registry and Domain Provider(s) and Merekmu reserve the right to remove any materials that, in the Registry and Domain Provider(s)’ and/or Registrar’s sole opinion, are potentially illegal, may constitute copyright infringement, may subject the Registry and Domain Provider(s) and/or Registrar to liability, or otherwise violate this AUP and/or the Registration Agreement.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LAW: RESPECTING RIGHTS
The Services may be used only for lawful purposes. The transmission, distribution, promotion, marketing or storage of any material on or through the Registry Network in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes without limitation material:
- that is is threatening, abusive, hateful, obscene, indecent, or defamatory;
- that involves the violation or infringement of any intellectual property rights;
- that involves illegal exportation of software or technical information;
- that involves the transmission, distribution, or storage of information or data which contains viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another´s computer;
- that encourages conduct that may constitute a criminal offense; and/or
- that violates any applicable laws.
- ELECTRONIC MAIL: SPAMMING
The Registry and Domain Provider(s) and Merekmu expressly prohibit the following activities listed without limitation hereunder:
- Sending unsolicited mail messages, including the sending of "junk mail" or other advertising material to individuals who did not specifically request for such material ("SPAM”"). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk-mailing of commercial advertising, informational announcements, and political tracts. Such material may only be sent to those who have expressly requested for it. If a recipient asks to stop receiving such e-mails, then any further sending would constitute SPAM and is a violation of this AUP.
- Harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages.
- Creating or forwarding "make-money fast" type messages, "chain letters" or "pyramid schemes" of any type, whether or not the recipient wishes to receive such messages.
- Malicious e-mail, including, but not limited to, flooding a user or site with very large or numerous pieces of e-mail.
- Unauthorized use, or forging, of mail header information (i.e., spoofing).
- Transmission of viruses, Trojan Horses, access codes, backdoors, worms, timebombs or any other code, routine, mechanism, device or item that corrupts, damages, impairs, interferes with, intercepts or misappropriates any software, hardware, firmware, network, systems or data.
- NON-INTERFERENCE WITH REGISTRY AND DOMAIN PROVIDER(S) AND REGISTRAR’S PRODUCTS OR SERVICES
No party may use the Registry Network for actions which restrict or inhibit any person, whether a registrant of the Registry and Domain Provider(s) and/or Merekmu or otherwise, in its use or enjoyment of the Registry Network or any service or product of the Registry and Domain Provider(s) and/or Merekmu. Additionally, no party shall actually, purportedly or intentionally carry itself out to be a partner of Merekmuwithout the prior written consent of Merekmu.
- CONSUMER PROTECTION
No party may use the Registry Network for any communications or activity which may involve deceptive marketing practices such as the fraudulent offering of products, items, or services. Further, no party may furnish false or misleading information to the Registry and Domain Provider(s) and/or Merekmu or any other party through the Registry Network, nor use the Registry Network to facilitate the transmission of private or stolen data such as credit card information. Any message or website accessible through the Registry Network shall prominently contain the contact information (including e-mail address, physical mail address, and phone number) of the person putting up and/or responsible for such message or website.
- REGISTRY NETWORK INTEGRITY
No party may actually, or attempt to, circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network or accounts, or penetrate security measures ("hacking") on, related to, or accessed through the Registry Network. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for such user, logging into a server or account which such user is not expressly authorized to access, falsifying a username or password, probing the security of other networks, and executing any form of network monitoring which will intercept data not intended for such user. Further, no party shall effect any security breach or disrupt any Internet communications including, but not limited to, accessing data of which such user is not an intended recipient or logging onto a server or account which such user is not expressly authorized to access. For purposes of this section, "disruption" includes, but is not limited to, port scans, ping floods, packet spoofing, forged routing information, deliberate attempts to overload a service, and attempts to "crash" a host. Finally, no party may utilize the Registry Network in connection with the use of any program, script, command, or sending of messages, designed to interfere with a user´s terminal session, by any means, locally or through the Internet.
No party shall in actuality or attempt or threaten to, cause any harm or damage to or breach the security of the Registry Network or Merekmu’s network, servers or products.
- NON-EXCLUSIVE AND NOT EXHAUSTIVE
This AUP is intended to be a guide as to acceptable use of the Registry Network and is not exhaustive and is non-comprehensive. Therefore, should a Registrant desire to use the Registry Network for a purpose which is not expressly permitted herein, the Registrant should first obtain the written consent of Merekmu and/or the Registry and Domain Provider(s) by sending a request via e-mail to email@example.com.
All complaints to the Registrar of any conduct (whether abusive or otherwise) which is in violation of this AUP may reported in accordance with Merekmu’s Acceptable Use Policy Enforcement Procedure by email to Merekmu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Failure of the Registrant to abide by any provision of this AUP shall constitute a material breach of the Registration Agreement.
In the event of a material breach, Merekmu may provide the Registrant with a written notice describing any such breach and the Registrant shall have seven (7) days to remedy the said breach. Under certain circumstances, Merekmu shall have the right to shorten the notice period given.
If the breach is not remedied by the Registrant to Merekmu’s satisfaction within the time limit stipulated, Merekmu shall be entitled to suspend, terminate or delete the Registrant’s domain name without further notice or warning.
However, Merekmu shall use reasonable efforts to work with the Registrants to remedy any such violations and to ensure that such violations do not recur prior to the suspension, termination or deletion of the Registrant’s domain name.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event shall the Merekmu be liable to any user of the Registry Network, customer, Registrant, or third party for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages for actions taken pursuant to this AUP, including, but not limited to, any loss of profits, programs data, or business interruption.
Merekmu shall not be held accountable for any information that is retrieved or sent via the Registry Network.
Merekmu reserves the right to modify the AUP at any time and any such modifications or restatements shall be deemed effective thirty (30) days after such modification are posted on Merekmu’s websites at https://www.merekmu.co.id and such modifications shall be deemed binding on the Registrant.
- REMOVAL OF CONTENT: RESPONSIBILITY
The Registry and Domain Provider(s) and/or Merekmu may at its sole discretion remove any content or material or services such as URL forwarding, Email forwarding, DNS hosting, WHOIS protection, proxy service etc. from its servers posted, or terminate access to the Registry Network where it has been determined by the Registry and Domain Provider(s) and/or Merekmu that any such person has violated this AUP. In any event, the Registry and Domain Provider(s) and/or Merekmu are not responsible for the content or message of any newsgroup posting, e-mail message, or web site regardless of whether such content or message was transmitted through the Registry Network. As such, the Registry and Domain Provider(s) and/or Merekmu may, but are not bound to take any action against or with respect to any such content or message under this AUP.