Domain Name Transfer Policy
This Domain Name Transfer Policy (“Transfer Policy”) sets out the policies applicable to a Registrant or registrant who wishes to transfer its domain name(s) from (PT Web Commerce Communications (“Merekmu”) to another registrar or from another registrar to PT Web Commerce Communications (“Merekmu”) as the case may be.
The Transfer Policy shall be read together with the Domain Name Registration Agreement (“Registration Agreement”) and all other applicable policies that may be published by Registrar from time to time whether or not referenced in this Transfer Policy. Words and phrases used in this Transfer Policy shall have the same meaning attributed to them in the Registration Agreement unless otherwise specified or the context clearly otherwise requires. The following words used in this Transfer Policy shall have the meaning ascribed to them below:
The word “registrar” when appearing without an initial capital means the person (other than Merekmu) accredited by ICANN to provide domain name registration services.
The word “registrant” when appearing without an initial capital letter means the person (individual or corporate) (other than the Registrant) that is recorded in the Whois as the owner of a particular domain name
Please note that Merekmu may modify this Transfer Policy from time to time in order to comply with applicable laws and terms and conditions set forth by ICANN and/or the Registry and Domain Provider(s). Any revisions or modifications to this Transfer Policy shall be effective thirty (30) days after the initial date of posting of such revisions or modifications on Merekmu’s website and such amendments shall be binding upon the Registrant or the registrant as the case may be.
A. Transfer process
- A transfer may only be effected where the registered domain name is in an “active” status as reflected in its Whois records. A Registrant/ registrant have the right to make an informed choice to transfer its registered domain name at any time during the validity period of the registration.
- A Registrant/registrant who wishes to change Merekmu /registrar must comply with the Registration Agreement and this Transfer Policy as applicable.
- In the case of a registrant who wished to transfer a domain name from a registrar to Merekmu, upon receiving a transfer request from a registrar Merekmu will contact the registrant via e-mail to obtain the approval of the registrant. Upon receiving the approval of the registrant, the registrant must enter into the Registration Agreement with Merekmu.
- The Registrar may deny a domain name transfer application in the following specific instances:
- Evidence of fraud;
- Dispute Policy action;
- Court order by a court of competent jurisdiction
- Reasonable dispute over the identity of the registrant or administrative contact;
- No payment for previous registration period (including credit-card charge backs) if the domain name is past its expiry date or for previous or current registration period if the domain name has not expired.
- Express objection to the transfer by the registrant or administrative contact (“Transfer Contact”). Objection could take the form of specific request (either by paper or electronic means) by the authorized Transfer Contact to deny a particular transfer request, or a general objection to all transfer requests received by Merekmu, either temporarily or indefinitely. In all cases, the objection must be provided with the express and informed consent of the authorized Transfer Contact on an opt-in basis and upon request by the authorized Transfer Contact, Merekmu must remove the lock or provide a reasonably accessible method for the authorized Transfer Contact to remove the lock within five (5) calendar days
- The transfer was requested within 60 days of the creation date as shown in the registry Whois record for the domain name.
- A domain name is within 60 days (or a lesser period to be determined) after being transferred (apart from being transferred back to the original registrar in cases where Merekmu and Registrar so agree and/or where a decision in the dispute resolution process so directs). "Transferred" shall only mean that an inter-registrar transfer has occurred in accordance with the procedures of this policy.
- The domain name transfer may only be initiated once payment is made and the administrative contact of the registrant has responded positively to the domain name transfer confirmation e-mail. The fee for each domain name transfer is [●insert amount].The domain name transfer confirmation e-mail will be sent to the administrative contact of the registrant as identified in the WHOIS database of the domain name. The registrant is responsible for updating the administrative contact’s e-mail address in the WHOIS database.
- Upon a successful transfer, the Registrant shall be recorded in the domain name record. Unless otherwise prescribed by the Registry and Domain Provider(s), the registrant’s information will not be modified and registration will automatically be extended by one (1) year provided that in no event shall the total unexpired term of a registration.
- For a domain name transfer (mainly gTLDs) that has been recently renewed, it could have the potential which the renewal year will be lost in the event that the domain name was renewed during the forty-five (45) day auto renewal grace period after the expiration date which the forty-five (45) day grace period has yet expire. As a result, Merekmu will not responsible for the lost year and Registrar will not credit that year to the domain. Registrar will not intervene in the recovery of any such lost registration years that occur during the transfer of Registrant’s domain name.
- In the case of a request by a Registrant to Merekmu to transfer a domain name registration to a registrar, Merekmu requires appropriate authorization from the Registrant in the form or manner as may be provided by Merekmu from time to time.
- Merekmu will not be liable for any suspension or loss of the domain name registered in the Registrant’s name or any non-delivery, wrong-delivery, corruption or destruction in the Registrant’s data or any modification events beyond Merekmu’s reasonable control occurring during the process of any domain name transfer.
- Merekmu will also not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind (including lost of profits) regardless of the form of action whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of warranties, either expressed or implied, or otherwise, even if Merekmu is advised of the possibility of such damages. Merekmu’s liability is herein limited to the full extent permitted by any applicable laws. In no event shall Merekmu’s maximum aggregate liability exceed the total amount of fees paid by the Registrant for the registration of a domain name.
- The requirements and procedure for transfer is set out in www.merekmu.co.id/